EducationPlus

EducationPlus
St. Louis Regional Professional Development Center

Monday, June 16, 2014

I Love being an educator because...

I get the opportunity each day to open windows of opportunities …listen to students tell their story …to learn something “new” in the classroom from my teachers …to lead out change …and to see the proverbial light bulb turn on!
I also owe my educational career to the exemplary teachers in my life: Mrs. Steinhoff (3rd), Mrs. Sanz-Agero (5th) Mr. Davis (6th Science) Mr. Oliver (6-12 band), and Mr. Mauer (History). They all set the bar high, they were beyond reproach. Their expectations, love, and passion for teaching were real, sincere, and genuine. They were my “champions”. They instilled in me the belief that I could set challenging goals, overcome obstacles, and become the Leader that was within Me!
 
Today, and every day I learn something new from my students, staff, and administrative team. This is great because I love learning. I am an administrator because I was “called to teach”. I firmly believe being an educator is my true purpose in life. I get to cheer on the learners in my school. I get go celebrate the successes and I get to implement innovation and change.
 
Each August I get to begin the journey again! It is fresh, new, innovative, and exciting. Where else would I get the chance to positively impact so many of tomorrow’s leaders? I get to share in “dream building”, character development, and the cultivation of the “Leader in Me” within all of my students.
 
I love being an educator because each day, week, month, and year I get to experience the “magic" known as education! I love being an educator because I have the best professional mentors in the world – my students and teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment