EducationPlus

EducationPlus
St. Louis Regional Professional Development Center

Friday, May 10, 2013

Do PLNs really work?


It continues to amaze me as to “how powerful” the twitterverse can be. We often take for granted the scope of its impact as we skim, scan, and scurry through our tweets, retweets, and favorites. Just last night, during the #moedchat on Multi-tasking, I was looking at my Evernote app and I was trying to figure out “What’s all the hype over Evernote and this little green app?” Back in February I attended METC13 and learned about the amazing benefits of Evernote (among several other excellent apps, programs, and devices).  So, I jumped in on the Evernote bandwagon.

Today, nearly three months after first taking on the task of discovering and working to understand the mystique and magic of Evernote, I am still baffled about its popularity. Well, who comes to my rescue? My PLN of course. I posed an off the topic question (as I was multitasking during the chat), to see if anyone could help me with Evernote. Instantaneously several members of my cohort jumped in with advise, suggestions, and ideas for me to implement. One colleague quickly posted a link for LiveBinders on Evernote tutorials (ow.ly/kT74h).  It was even suggested that we start an “Evernote user group”. Excellent idea. Can’t wait.

Only via Social Media can you get such depth and breadth of energy, enthusiasm, and mentoring. In the span of just over an hour, colleagues from across Missouri and the country gathered to share ideas. My big “take away” tonight is… “I can rely on my PLN to help me with a question, topic, or issue. I can learn from my colleagues no matter where they are (in MO or across the US).
Yes, PLNs work for me. Do they work for you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment